Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zing Inspiration.."B" art cars!!

Every other Thursday for the last five years I have made my journey into San Francisco to see my Jungian Shrink, Raymond. It has been an alchemical experience as I brought into this rented space (which is so weird in a way-to pay for counsel) my prima matria--one of my greatest, an one of my most paralysing limited beliefs about myself--fear. self loathing. and social phobia.
Over the years I have done some hard work to dissolve and transform my social scared stuff.
This Thursday as Don and I got on the BART car their was something different. Two people were lurking around asking people to sign something. Bam..instinctively my social phobic self put up a shield and internally I rolled my eyes as I was thinking now what do they want. On closer inspection their were actually passing out a survey. BART wanted to here our voice. I felt pretty empowered as I rated BARTs service. At the end the asked how could BART be improved. As most of you know my life is Art and I believe it is really elemental in our society. And it should be raised above to the ranks of advertising. Which floods every aspect of our daily lives.All to brainwash us to consume, so that we can have an economy. Back to voice. I was like BART needs Art!! Zing I was inspired--when I get inspired I get really hyper and I imagined BART art cars everywhere. Then as Don and I transferring lines. I saw that BART has ART in it already. Then I started think "B" ART cars.
Just think how this would transform the commuters experience. Art is Moving really moving. Art Therapy in public transit. How cool would that be!!!! I am very inspired and I want to write proposal to submit to BART. It will be another aspect of the ARTcart. We could artists create installations in cars and artists could be facilitating art making with the bored commuters.

http://www.sfartscommission.org/pubartcollection/pubart-press-releases/2010/07/30/central-subway-public-art-program-winners-announced/


No comments: