Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"Siri, What is the Meaning of Life?" 42.

Art Challenge 9/30

Hilarious I say! 

I would not even no about this.  But at Art Break Day I was telling two Art Breakers about my 30for30equals30 art challenge and that my project was to ask for the next 30 days Siri (My I-phone) what is the meaning of life? Then I would create Kitty Bliss art as a response to it. They laughed and said, have you got 42. yet? I was perplexed and was like what does that mean?
They said it is a reference to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Oh! Siri is a little trickster.

Hah! Guess what I got today ~ 

 Inquiry: Siri, What is the Meaning of Life? 
 Answer: "42." states Siri 

Was that random or are we all connected?

Art Making: 




Kitty Bliss dressed up like a Robot :) 

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately no one knows what the question is. Thus, to calculate the Ultimate Question, a special computer the size of a small planet and built from organic components was created and named "Earth". This appeared first in the radio play and later in the novelization of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The fact that Adams named the episodes of the radio play "fits", the same archaic title for a chapter or section used by Lewis Carroll in "The Hunting of the Snark", suggests that Adams was influenced by Carroll's fascination with and frequent use of the number. The fourth book in the series, the novel So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, contains 42 chapters. According to the novel Mostly Harmless, 42 is the street address of Stavromula Beta. In 1994 Adams created the 42 Puzzle, a game based on the number 42.

Lizard Visitation


 Reflection

No comments: