Friday, March 12, 2010

Ducks and Order

It looks like I have all my ducks are in order, but something is missing. What is it?
I have sold my work,I have an artist statement, I have an MFA, I have large body of work,I have been in galleries, I started a gallery, I have curated exhibitions, I have been in the media, I am showing in a corporation and the very cool thing is I have an art rep now. Also, I am in a really productive art activist collaboration-Art is Moving. We have received grants, we have published a book, and we have developed a pretty successful BLOG Art is Moving. Also, over the past four years I developed an amazing healing and transformative art program for Severely Emotionally Disturbed children. I think I have made a positive difference and empowered many children through the revealation of their gift, which is ART. Here is an example of some of the projects and exhibitions that I have created for the children Art of Transformation
It looks like a lot on paper, but I still feel that something is missing. I hate to say it but it is monetary. I am sick of struggling and I want to make a living off being an artist. It seems things have not taken off as fast as I have wanted. How does one take the next step or how does one do it?

I feel I need more order and then it will all happen. I think it is time to make a list. I have a zillion journals with lists and more lists, I thought it might be more powerful to put into virtual reality and see what happens.
Intentions to track on Blog:
Maximize social media
Blog weekly on this Blog and Art is Moving
Facebook daily on this Blog and Art is Moving
Apply to shows
Get a grant
Sell Art
Create Eco Art as the weather is changing
Develop Kitty Bliss
Do some form of Art everyday
Get a new Art therapy Job
Develop marketing campaign for Eco Art, Kitty Bliss, Healing Art Studios, Sacred Sites Art Travel Biz
This list is just beginning, but I think the trick is consistency.

Photos are from The Devils Throat: Iguazu Falls, Argentina/Brazil
Talk about order in chaos!

No comments: