Thursday, March 11, 2010

Collecting Random Interactions with the other Series

It is interesting one of my professors in graduate school advised me not to air my dirty laundry in the conceptual explanation of my art. She stated it gets to messy and many folks might think you are trying to sensationalize it. After much reflection I think it is time. This creative series is my first in terms of conceptual art and it might become messy or not.
Collecting Random Interactions with the other Series sourced from a couple things. The first being my desire to heal my severe social phobia. Most people have experienced some level of discomfort in social situations. It becomes a problem when the phobia makes you evade situations or experience panic attacks within these situations. At times it is a form of self imposed torture.
I have been seriously working on healing for the past five years and it is time to let this old and very powerful friend go.
The second as I flip the coin, social phobia is really a disconnect with people. Through this project I seek to connect with people and to acknowledge their brilliance. We will see how this goes. This is evolving and I am excited.


3/11/10
"Lovely day"....
walking to the rock. A car full of teens passed. The very cute one in front said "Lovely day" in a fake British accent as he tipped his hipster hat off to me with a smile in his eyes. aww.... put'n that one in my pocket for a rainy day.
Collecting Interactions, Indian Rock, Berkeley, CA

2/17/10
"The first step after lunch is always the hardest"
Guy getting out of truck with workman ear phones on. Berkeley, CA


1/7/10
"Hello Beautiful."
Hot young man playing basketball with out a shirt on.I became a twelve year old. Meekly saying hi back.
Berkeley, CA

No comments: