Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I won a Peace Prize for the Hands of Creation!


My work was chosen from 1000's of International Artist's, whose amazing ARTworks had  the breadth of vision and the empowerment of creativity and of PEACE!! for the  Peace Project Exhibition Fundraiser 2011. I  am very honored to be  chosen to be part  of such a new paradigm of creativity and peace. You can acquire a museum quality print of the "Hands of Creation" at The Peace Project and the proceeds will go towards  this amazing project. Funds from the sales of all the artworks will  give much needed support and aid  to the people of the Sierra Leone.



Your piece Hands of Creation won a peace award and was selected as part of the visions of Peace that will travel with The Peace Project Exhibit!   Know that your involvement with this art competition helped thousands of people RISE UP in Sierra Leone.

My Vision of Peace
The Hands of Creation series manifested from my teaching transformative art to vulnerable and emotionally troubled children at a mental health agency in the Bay Area. I was looking for a way to honor the creative powers of my amazing students. Because of privacy issues I was not allowed to photograph their faces. So I decided to take pictures of their creative tools —- their hands. Through the Hands of Creation project, I seek to honor that state of the soul where the artist/child experiences the ultimate liberation, which is the act of creation itself. It is my way of honoring the children’s essence and creativity, and counteracting apathy. My portraits are the revelation of the “other” to many viewers who know little about the struggles these children face. They bring to light the horrific plague of abuse that exists in our society. Through my practice and my teaching, I attempt to heal the wounded soul and to empower these magnificent and marginalized children~ lisa

Join me at one of the openings!

Exhibition Schedule:

Los Angeles
October 22nd
Gallery 9
___________
Long Beach
November 4th
EXPO Arts Center
_____________
Bay Area
November 9th
Swarm Gallery
Oakland, CA
___________


New York
Exact date and venue TBA
______________


Orange County, CA
January 7th
Showcase Gallery
Santa Ana, CA

No comments: