Wednesday, November 17, 2010

LACMA Art Rental and Sales Gallery


I have just refined my current body of work. Today, I had an interesting visit from the LACMA's Art Rental and Sales Gallery scouting team. In preparation for this meeting I refined all the sides of my work and I created four new pieces. Five ladies from the LACMA Art Council came today to view my work. I was not so clear about the process and I finally figured it out. These ladies scout for only four artists for every exhibition. Twenty four per year. There are six ARSG shows each year, always for four emerging Southern California artists. The gallery is a fifty-three-year-old fundraising effort of the Art Museum Council, a volunteer group founded in 1952, all of whose funds go to purchase new art for the museum or to fund exhibitions. So today I had an interview of sorts. Lets cross our fingers to see if I get in the January exhibition.

No comments: