Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mayan Tree Shrine

Tulum Mexico is a Pre-Columbian walled city located on the Caribbean coast in Quintana Roo, Mexico.This is such a mystical and amazing place! It is paradise. We stayed at "Cabana Copal" in a quaint grass hut with a sand floor, literally steps away from the ocean. Outside our magical hut on the beach where we had nightly visits by an Iguana, that is were I created my tree Shrine.
Tulum
While creating this tree shrine my creative process seemed kind of fragile from my near arrest in Point Reyes, National Park,CA from creating the same art. From this state of being I choose the safe palm trees outside our hut to revere. For me the experience was kind of flat and filled with fear of being caught. I let the fear of being caught run the gamete. I actually destroyed the shrine quickly and made one from leaves and stones. But in reflection on an internal and metaphysical level I had an amazing experience.



This is a powerful and sacred place and I look forward to going back very soon and creating some amazing reverent art in paradise!

No comments: