Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Collectors, their Art ,and their Stories.


"Knowth"
Medium: Acyclic on Canvas
40" X 40"

This painting was inspired by visit to the sacred site in Ireland called Knowth. This amazing site was constructed over 5000 years ago. This sacred site was definitely a thin place, were the veil between this world and the next is thin.



When I got home I created this painting in my studio. In the creative and intuitive process my arm my torso became part of the brush stroke. It is kind of dark piece, I feel that it invokes the thinning veils of our reality.

The Collector is Brazilian, Danielle Molinski, I have known her for several years. We used to work professionally at an art gallery together and she has bought several artworks from me. She resonated with this piece "Knowth" instantly and now is very proud to have it hanging on her living room wall.
Currently, Danielle is a partner at a gallery in San Raphael called Room Art Gallery. I am really excited because they are now representing me and have a pretty large and beautiful collection of my latest work. It is a great place to visit on second Friday of the month when they have a huge Art Walk. And collect some great ART!

No comments: