Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Collectors, their Art ,and their Stories.

Nordic Cross
Caol 'Ait Graduate Exhibition
Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 18" x 18"

This piece was inspired from an amazing journey in 2007, when my sister Tara and I visited the sacred sites of Ireland, primarily those that exist in the County of Slane. We had an amazing time driving through the beautiful country side visiting the powerful hubs of New Grange, Knowth, and the Hill of Tara. Also, we took an spectacular road trip up to the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland.This adventure took me back to my ancestral roots as I am both Irish and Scandinavian.
When I returned home I started creating this work. It was a beautiful combination of layers upon layers of color. In my whole meditative process I used a lot of water to make the paint flow on its own accord.
JJ actually acquired this work for his wife Megan. He also wrote an amazing review of my whole solo exhibition Caol A'it. I think this work went to beautiful home. JJ and Megan love sacred sites and shamanism.


Collector: "Art made of, about and for the Earth and our spiritual connection to it has been integral to humanity since art-making first began. I find solace, teaching and identity in the natural and supernatural worlds, and I feel that it is my responsibility to share this experience with others through my art "
JJ Levin

No comments: