Thursday, January 6, 2011

Image of the Day: It is time to let go...

Letting Go
Mixed Media
4"x 5"

Transformation: Alchemy Series
Pretty much all my Art is about transformation, but this is from a series that I did art around the science of Alchemy, and my own personal transformation. I was courageously confronting/addressing one of my personal demons through art. It was formalized in an amazing class taught by Mary Webster that I took at JFK in Arts and Consciousness during my M.F.A. program. I grew substantial in my own Art and within myself during that quarter. The art that I created is a marker of my experience.
The piece is a mixed media piece with acrylic paint, dead leaves, and the figure I got in Caba San Lucas Mexico,from a vendor on the street, who was selling the amazing and potent art of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). She did sadly say that this art form was dying, because of the youth were traveling to the cities and buying into American Culture. I combined each medium to create a composition that honored my internal demon and my ancestors. As I now know "it" has been passed unconsiously down from generation to generation.

For me during that powerful class I think I manifested my stuff that I wanted to heal via art, but I do not think I ever let go of my personal demon and today it is time to let go. After over four years of intensive Jungian Therapy.....

I am transforming my WV- I, you , me, and you again are so brave and courageous to be in this world. We all have brave hearts. Now it is time to take care of our Mama EARTH and THE amazing beings the exist with in. And so it is...

Here is good resource if you wish research and engage in Alchemy. Alchemy
& The Philosopher's Stone
or take the class with Mary Webster at JFK in Berkeley it will change your life and you ART!!

No comments: