Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Art Review from Cynthia Hanson

That is how I feel when I am visiting her studio with her paintings piled up or hanging from the walls all around us. I feel that her paintings are showing me both personal and universal truths. They are about Lisa, of course, but also about myself connecting to that which is dark and deeply within, or that which is light- arising and emerging to engage with in sacred conversation.


I view Lisa as a kind of artist/ archaeologist: using painting as a tool for expression, but in a manner that embodies self-discovery and excavation of connections that yield both personal and universal truths. There is also a strong element of healing in her work, not only for herself but for the Earth. "I see the sprit of the Earth as being continuously tortured, destroyed, and ostracized from civilization," Lisa says."I empathize with her pain and her victimization, but I also marvel at her power, strength, and spiritual resilience. I drawn upon my link with the earth and infuse my paintings with life force to activate the human/ divine connection to help create balance within our collective consciousness," She speaks of the earth as the "Ultimate Artist."I feel that by integrating the divinity of the natural world into my fear of our modern world," she goes on to say, "I will heal-thus equalizing myself and then the world."
Cynthia Hanson

No comments: