Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Take 5: Art Break Day 2011

Here is our Take 5 ARTbreak Day video debut!


This is an amazing community ARTreach event for all. Please support this ART happening by donating, reposting our video, volunteering, and of course attending the event!
I read today in the Huffington Post, the article 6 Techniques to Ignite Your Inner Creativity and Passion. The author says "Dabbling In The Arts: Our culture's overemphasis on fame and great success often turn"s people away from their creative inclinations, because they feel that if they can't reach a professional goal with their writing, singing or painting endeavors, they shouldn't bother. What they don't realize is that simply dabbling in the fine arts, with no specific goals or intentions, awakens our ability to approach life with greater openness and curiosity. In the same way that mindfulness practice jogs the areas of the brain associated with well-being, optimism and compassion for yourself and others, so, too, does immersing yourself in any artistic exploration or enjoyment jog your creativity."

As I have said in the past at the ARTcart, taking an ARTbreak for free in public space is a form of art therapy on the streets!! Take 5 ARTbreak Day is community ARTreach and healing! Love to see everyone support this awesome happening!!

Aside: My inner dwarf is cringing and having blast at knit picking at how I look in this video. I kind of look like a muppet. But, I know this project is so much larger than myself and my fragile little ego needs to be put aside. I need to promote and promote this until this event is a grand success for all of our communities. It is not about me, but is about the people and the community.
Lauren and I at Art is Moving have a grand vision of making this a global holiday.
It will be done and it already is!!

No comments: