Saturday, July 2, 2011

Caol Ait!! Painting of the Day

The word Caol Ait (thin places) is a Celtic term that describes space and time.
In certain places like sacred sites or in nature, the veil from this world to the next is thinner.
My paintings are an exploration of Caol Ait or the in between. In the creative process time and space merge and hours can pass with the blink of an eye. Another of my great passions is traveling to sacred sites around the world. In 2008, I went to Ireland (my ancestral homeland) and visited New Grange, Tara and Knowth. True inspiration for my work.

Caol Ait is showing and is looking for a good home in San Rafael at the Terra Firma Gallery.
This amazing painting have perfect companions, the very meaningful,Shona Sculptures and the phenomenal Ethiopian painter, Wosene Kosrof.



Please stop by and say hi to Danielle, the Galleries Director and my work!
As always!!! Thank you Danielle for your continuous support!!

No comments: