Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New ART @ ROOM Fine Art Gallery

Three of my latest paintings, that are an interpersonal exploration of the in between or the betwixt. You can view and acquire them at ROOM Fine Art Gallery gallery in San Rafael, CA. I feel all three are very mysterious and very powerful canvas's.

This was has gotten some amazing international comments on my Saatchi online gallery.

Raramuri
Acrylic on Canvas
40" x 36"
I began this piece three years ago. I was inspired by a sacred trip I took to canyons of the Sierra Tarahumara in Mexico. The Raramuri are the indigenous peoples that live there. I created a "tree shrine" there and I felt really connected to the land. You could peel the layers on this painting like an onion. The first layer is a green color field.

Pneuma
Acrylic on Canvas
24" x 36"
Depth 3"
Pneuma is a dark canvas with a lot of layers and light. The meaning pf Pneuma is "breath" and in a religious context for "spirit" or "soul"


Illumination
Acrylic on Canvas
40: x 36"
This is very layered piece. There is probably five completed paintings under each layer. It is a process of going from the dark into the light.

No comments: